Sunday, January 14, 2018

Skye - This week, I 'ave been mostly strugglin'

Not much to add from last week's tally, mostly because the hotel is having the main reception/dining hall/toilets refurbed and I've been busy helping to create and then clear up the ensuing mess. And boy, what a mess! Several walls and partitions are no more, new walls and partitions are up, and the cables, don't even get me started on the cables! But things have been seen, identified and logged. Not many, but some. 

Oligolophus hanseni - cunningly trapped in a home-made spi-pot type thingie....
The nitty gritty end of Phragmidium violaceum
Common Earwig - the only orthopteroid I've ever recorded from NG3963....so far...

Numbers wise I'm currently languishing on 272. I was sneakily hoping to hit 333 by the end of the month, but I think that's just pie in the Skye now. I was also supposed to be getting to grips with bryophytes this month. Hmmm, we shall see.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds tricky, though I have a new kitchen coming this month including flooring so I expect that to cause me some issues. A good weekend though, so maybe 300 is possible. 250 ought to be this week

    ReplyDelete